Church Leaders Network
We currently have around sixty local network groups across the country - which gather leaders together for termly meetings and also opportunities to develop accountable relationships with like-minded leaders.
If you click on the red spots, you can see where each of the groups are based. By clicking on the group name, you can then find out more information about the group and how to get involved. And if you prefer you can also view the groups as a static list.
Our desire is to see a network of churches across England who live out New Wine's vision and values so that local communities and the nation are transformed by God.
(1) NETWORKING CHURCH LEADERS
To provide local opportunities for church leaders and their leadership teams to:
- Encounter God through transformational teaching, worship and ministry.
- Be in intentional and accountable relationship with others who share our values.
- Encourage prayer for the reviving work of God's spirit.
(2) LINKING CHURCHES IN RELATIONSHIP
To develop a network of relationally-linked churches:
- Linking like-minded churches within particular areas (e.g. geographic or specific ministry areas) to share understanding and support each other.
- Working collaboratively by providing a range of activities such as equipping and training days, faith-sharing opportunities or teams, joint celebration services, and round tables.
(3) DEVELOPING FUTURE LEADERS
To provide theological and practical training specifically for the church's future leadership:
- To have a New Wine Training Centre within reach of each network group.
- To provide a range of training opportunities (such as a one year discipleship course, internships, and modular university accredited and unaccredited courses).
(4) WORKING TOGETHER IN MISSION
To be proactive in encouraging churches to work together in mission in the power of the Holy Spirit:
- Encouraging the planning of bold and creative mission locally and regionally, though engaging in events together, supporting one another in outreach and developing missional leaders or planting churches together.
- Sharing resources and providing support to churches and church leaders exploring this.
Getting Involved Locally
There are two distinct aspects of local gathering for church leaders:
LOCAL NETWORK GROUPS:
Local Network Groups normally meet termly, gathering together leaders across an area. Meetings are open to all, and members of the Church Leaders Network are encouraged to bring their leadership teams, and other church leaders. Key components of each meeting include inspiring worship, high quality teaching which is relevant and applicable and transformational and empowering ministry
There are around 60 Local Network Groups in England, and each group may organise training days, evening celebrations and social events, as desired by members of the group.
DEVELOPING ACCOUNTABLE RELATIONSHIPS:
Developing Accountable Relationships through Core Groups are one way in which church leaders in the New Wine Church Leaders Network are encouraged to enter into intentional and accountable relationships with other like-minded leaders. They are an invaluable way of living out New Wine's vision and values with peer-to-peer accountable support.
Although each group will usually have a leader to facilitate the group, they are intended to function through mutual mentoring, with time devoted to personal input for each individual. Our Core Group question leaflet has been developed as a resource to support the Core Groups, containing a number of questions to encourage openness and discussion, such as:
- Walking with God: When did I last study the Scriptures for personal use, and what did God reveal?
- Developing Character: How am I still experiencing pleasure and fun?
- Growing in Leadership: What am I doing to identify and develop other leaders?
- Living out Kingdom values: Would I want to join my church if I were not the leader? If not, what do I need to bring about that change?
The Local Network Group Leader is the first point of contact for anyone wanting to join a Core Group, as they are aware of the groups running in a particular area, taking an active role in managing local Core Groups and ensuring that any who what to join are included.
- Connect nationally through key networking opportunities at conferences, leaders' forums and training events.
- Receive regular e-communications from John Coles and key leaders from your region.
- Connect locally with your Local Network Group for worship, teaching and ministry with other church leaders in your local area.
- Be part of a Core Group for mutual support and accountability.
- Have free access to our online members' resource area, with downloadable talks, articles and much more.
- Your church will be included on Find a Church.
- 50% discount when advertising church vacancies through Find a Job.
- Receive15% discount on books and CDs ordered online from St Andrews Bookshop and 10% discount on books and CDs from them at the New Wine Leadership Conference & New Wine Summer Conference.
- Fill/find a first appointment by accessing our Find a Leader in Training page.
- If you are a leader in training, then there are also specific things available for you too.
'A great source of spiritual refreshment and challenge; in fact, I would say it is a lifeline... I have often had significant encounters with God and received words of knowledge and prophecy that have either reminded me of my calling or challenged me to take further risks in ministry for the sake of the Kingdom.' Church Leader, Surrey
'The Network has helped me to appreciate the value of 'joined up' and strategic thinking and praying.' Church Leader, Buckinghamshire
'I have found the core group a safe place where I am challenged and equipped.' Church Leader, Yorkshire
'New Wine saved my ministry.' Church Leader, Merseyside
You can join by clicking here.