Your step-by-step guide to running a Training Day
Step 1: Apply online
- Download and read the Step-By-Step Manual to running a Training Day.
- Apply online using the form below, which we will respond to within 21 days.
Step 2: Planning your Training Day
- Contact your trainer to agree a date and confirm arrangements.
- Publicise and promote the day using our Delegate Booking Form: download and adapt this Example Booking Form and Blank Learning to Heal Booking Form or Blank Developing your Prophetic Gifting or Blank Developing a Pastoral Prayer Ministry form for your own use.
- Contact your Church Leaders’ Network Local Group Leader, and publicise the event through your other local networks and contacts. You can use this powerpoint slide in your own church, and also send it to others to promote the day.
- Enlist support to help the day run smoothly.
- Receive and process applications. The amount of the delegate booking fee is up to you.
- Order books. We recommend that you give all delegates a free copy of the course book (a cost that you will incur) and that a small selection of related titles be available for people to purchase. All resources can be purchased from your local Christian bookshop or by mail order from St Andrews Bookshop, who will be happy to suggest a book list should you wish to make a bookstall available.
- Print delegate feedback forms. These should be distributed and collected back in at the end of the training day. Please use them to inform your feedback to us (a short survey will be emailed to you after the event), and to collect contact details for people who would like to be added to our mailing list to receive the New Wine magazine.
Step 3 - Hosting the Training day
- Provide a comfortable venue, teas and coffees for delegates and lunch for the speaker and his or her team.
- Distribute and collect feedback forms from delegates, and return to New Wine the contact details of those who wish to be added to our mailing list.
Step 4 - Paying for the day
- You will need to allow for all venue costs (including lighting, heating, hall hire), trainer’s costs (including travel expenses and an honorarium), postage and publicity costs, refreshment costs and course books (if these are to be given free of charge to each delegate – our recommended option).
- We would also be grateful for a financial contribution to New Wine to enable us to develop our programme of training days for local churches.