Preparing to Plant
Preparing to Plant
A day for churches considering church planting
Tuesday 30th January 2018
10.00am-4.00pm Holy Trinity Church, Leicester
At New Wine we feel the fresh wind of the Spirit moving the church to plant new communities of faith and we are working on ways to encourage and resource this. To plant a church you need dreamers, do-ers and donors. Through our Pioneer and Planting Days we have been investing in the dreamers and the do-ers. This is a day for the donors. We have so much experience in New Wine of all the varieties of planting new church communities and on this day we have brought together experienced practitioners who will share their stories and principles to guide you. We have already booked the following contributors: Ric Thorpe (Bishop of Islington and Head of Church Planting for the Church of England), Gareth Robinson (Head of Church Planting Ministries New Wine), Mark Melluish (Assistent National Director New Wine) John McGinley (National Leadership Team New Wine). We will confirm other contributors nearer the time.
Who is this day for?
We hope you will come if you are already involved in church planting - we believe creating a network of where we can share good practice and support one another will enable New Wine to develop more resources to encourage this.
If you are a church that is considering planting in any way this day is designed for you. Our contributors have experience of planting Fresh expressions of Church, Missional Communities, teams 'grafted in to existing churches and completely new church plants. Bring a team so you can talk and plan togethers.
At New Wine we now have a designated church planting funding system and we will communicate how you might access this for any church plant that you are planning.
Programme for the day:
9.30 Registration and Coffee
10.00 Welcome and Worship
10.30 Session 1: Moving from growing larger to giving away Ric Thorpe
11.45 Session 2: Seminars
13.30 Session 3: Seminars
14.30 Session 4: Panel Q & A Session
15.20 Closing session: planning and prayer and worship
What is the cost of the day?
- The day is free of charge but we will ask a donation to cover the food and the costs of the speakers and so a suggested donation of £10.00 per person.
Is food provided?
- Yes lunch and refreshments are provided because we want people to stay on site and have time for conversations. If you have any specific dietary reqirements please email them to Mandy Forrest at email@example.com
What are my transport/parking options?
- The address of Holy Trinity is: Upper King Street, Leicester, LE16XE.
- Holy Trinity is 10 minutes walk from Leicester Train Station which is well connected into the National Rail Network.
Parking is in the local public carparks. The recommended carparks are:
- Newark Street Car Park, Leicester LE1 5SP (Cheapest and consistently has spaces)
- NCP Granby Halls Carpark, Welford Road, LE2 6BE
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Please email any questions you may have to the event administrator Mandy Forrest at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register via: