Associate Minister | Whitfield PCC
Whitfield Parish is a thriving charismatic evangelical parish (ER 274 plus 80 under 16) with a vision to ‘reach and transform our town with the love of Jesus’. Glossop is a flourishing former mill town with a population of 32,000, some 14 miles from Manchester and bordering the Peak District in the northern tip of Derbyshire. We are a single parish with two churches and wish to appoint an Anglican ordained Associate Minister as a co-pilot alongside the Vicar, with particular responsibility for St Luke’s church, missional communities and other whole parish responsibilities.
• be part of the leadership team of the parish and primary leader for the growth of St Luke's church in keeping with our Parish Vision (as above)
• share the oversight and development of existing and potential Mission Area Teams (MATS) across the whole parish
• share the oversight and development of a range of ministries across the whole parish
• develop discipleship and missional leadership for the growth of St Luke’s Church as we journey from a ‘Come to us’ to a ‘Go to the People’ model of church
• lead St Luke’s congregation in developing their relationship with St Luke’s C of E Primary School and their immediate locality
• lead and manage the nurture and pastoral care of St Luke’s congregation
• develop the vision for worship at St Luke’s church
• develop the vision for the use of the St Luke’s church building for both the worshipping community and wider community
Further details, including a parish profile can be found at www.glossop.org
Enquiries can be made to the Vicar, Andrew Hargreaves, email@example.com or call on 01457 866022. Informal visits are encouraged. Please complete the attached application form and email to Whitfield Parish Operations Administrator Jane Higginbottom: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions in relation to this process please contact the Parish Office 01457 853330.
Travel expenses for the interview will be paid.
Interviews: 7/8th July
Start date is negotiable on or after 1st September