University Chaplain (Church of England) | University of Portmouth
Is God calling you to work with University students and staff? Do you have the gifts to support students discovering or affirming their faith at University? Are you skilled at pastoral care among people of any faith or none? Can you work collaboratively within the University and Portsmouth Deanery to develop ministry and mission among young adults in a University and city-wide context?
The University of Portsmouth, in partnership with the Diocese of Portsmouth, is seeking to appoint a priest, deacon or lay minister to work within the ecumenical Chaplaincy team of the University. The person appointed will:
• accompany and provide pastoral support to staff and students in matters of faith and personal growth;
• represent matters of faith among students, staff and committees within the University of Portsmouth;
• creatively use opportunities to develop networks and to be a sign of God’s love to all, both people of other faiths and those who have none;
• work with churches in Portsmouth to develop shared opportunities for new ministry and mission among young adults;
• have due regard to the calling and the professional responsibilities of those serving as ministers of the Church of England, including particular regard for the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
An Enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
For more detailed information about the vacancy, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 9284 3030
To find out more about the University of Portsmouth and this role, visit https://port.engageats.co.uk and apply on-line.
All applications for this position will be processed and conducted in compliance with UK legislation relevant at that time.