Children and Family Ministry Director | Methodist International Church
1. Lead and develop the work of MIC with 0-11’s and their families, on both Sundays and during the week.
2. Co-ordinate the under 11’s Sunday groups, reviewing the programmes and taking responsibility for the smooth running of activities.
3. Identify the optimal way of utilizing the new premises during weekdays to run children’s programmes; possibly in conjunction with external service providers.
2. Co-ordinate and facilitate special events across the year including Nativity, Holiday club, Light party, Family fun days.
3. Develop, train and equip teams of volunteers for our ministry with families.
5. Initiate and innovate ways of encouraging parents as disciples of Jesus and offering support as they nurture and support their children on their faith journey.
6. Act as a point of contact and ‘friend to the family’ of those with children at MIC, identifying those who are new to the church, helping them to integrate and signposting pastoral needs where appropriate.
7. Ensure that MIC Safeguarding and recruitment procedures are complied with and that children’s workers are trained in good practice with regard to keeping children safe.