Youth Worker | C of E Parish of St James (Southlake)
St James’ Church, Woodley, are looking to appoint a part-time Youth Worker with a passion for outreach, who can help us develop and fulfil an inspiring vision for the future of youth ministry in the parish. The successful applicant will join a warm, loving and lively congregation as a part of the staff team. Woodley is a town with a great potential for mission, and we are ready for God to challenge, stretch and grow us in this area. We have a gifted group of teenagers within the church who are keen to grow in their own faith and reach out to their friends.
There are 5 main aims to this role:
1. Mission – To motivate and equip St James' to reach out to young people in the wider community of Woodley, demonstrating the Good News of Jesus in culturally relevant ways.
2. Discipleship – To disciple and mentor young people in the church, enabling them to grow in faith and equipping them to share the Gospel among their friends.
3. Worship – To inspire and enable our young people to fully participate in the life of the church, and to encourage all members of St James' to value and support them through practical assistance and prayer.
4. Pastoral Care – To support, advise and encourage individual young people and their families, and to help them make positive life choices.
5. Leadership – To lead and develop a small team of volunteers who will assist with activities and help in mentoring and discipleship of young people,
For more information and an application form, please visit our website: https://stjameswoodley.org/vacancy
or contact our Church Administrator Becki in the Church Office:
Tel. 0118 966 2568
Please return the completed application form, plus a covering letter, to:
St James' Church Centre
Kingfisher Drive, Woodley
or by email: email@example.com