The Annunciation Marble Arch London W1 Christian Youth Worker & Children’s Ministry Coordinator | Church of the Annunciation Marble Arch Parochial Church Council
This is a new post offering an exciting flexible, part-time opportunity to develop a new youth ministry and oversee an existing thriving children’s ministry. The Annunciation and Our Current Children’s Ministry:
We are a C of E church, in the Anglo-Catholic tradition, based at Marble Arch with an inclusive congregation and strong links to an ‘Outstanding’ Voluntary Aided school.
The children (up to year 6 age) attend a well-structured Sunday School, divided up by age groups and organised and run by volunteers.
Our church now has a number of children who will be 11 and over and starting secondary school in September. We are looking for a Christian youth worker who can:
• spark the interest and engagement of the 11+ Sunday Youth Group so that they enjoy church;
• address the issues and themes that our pre-teens and teenagers may be facing (social media, friendships/relationships, exam stress, climate change, how to be a Christian today, bullying);
• be prepared to use a variety of creative teaching strategies, including digital medium, performance, art/craft, story-writing, etc.; and
• gain some new ideas/insight and material for teaching and engaging the 8-11 year-old group.
• Sympathetic to the aims and outlook of the Annunciation.
• Experience in working with children and youth over 11 years old, preferably in a Christian context.
• There is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be a Christian.