Acting Nursery Manager | Muddy Boots Day Nursery Bristol
Muddy Boots Day Nursery is looking to cover its leadership in the absence due to maternity of the current nursery manager, which we anticipate to be between February and the summer of 2020. Muddy Boots is attached to Trinity College, and has a strong Christian ethos.
For the right candidate, there will be an opportunity, by mutual agreement, to continue in the nursery as deputy manager on the manager's return. As Deputy Manager you will lead one of the two units (2-4s and under 2s) and deputise for the Nursery Manager in her absence. Currently the need is for a leader of the 2-4s unit.
As Acting Nursery Manager (Maternity cover) you will be directly responsible to the Executive Director, acting for the college’s senior management, and lead the nursery team during the Nursery Manager's absence. As Deputy Nursery Manager you will be accountable to the Nursery Manager who in turn is accountable to the Executive Director. You will be responsible for the nursery staff team within the unit you lead.
Acting manager: key responsibilities
1. Cover for the Nursery Manager during her maternity leave from early 2020.
2. Lead and manage the nursery staff team.
3. Ensure the day to day smooth running of the nursery.
4. Ensure that each child is provided with high quality care and educational experiences.
5. Promote a positive working partnership with parents and carers.
6. Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations.
To apply, please visit https://www.muddybootsdaynursery.co.uk/job-vacancies/ and complete the paperwork located there, or use the papers attached to this advert. Please then write a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 responding to the role description and person specification, and attach your CV. Applications should be sent to email@example.com