Children and Families Minister | St Mary's Church, Liss
We are looking for a Christian leader to bring vision, leadership and growth to the children’s ministry at St Mary’s and have pastoral oversight for all activities, groups and events for those aged 0-11.
St Mary’s is a lively village church serving the diverse needs of our growing community (pop 6,500+). Our church members come from a wide variety of Christian backgrounds and we reflect this in a mix of traditional and contemporary services. Our vision is to ‘Make the light, life and love of God known in our world’ and we do this by ‘Being with Jesus, becoming like Jesus and doing what Jesus did’.
• Set and lead the vision for our children’s ministry.
• Contribute to the development of strategy, planning and vision for St Mary’s and champion the needs of children and families.
• Be a fully active member of St Mary’s, working with the leadership as part of our staff team.
• Train and gather a volunteer team around you.
• Ideally, have a track record of training, inspiring and growing volunteers.
• Pastorally care for the children and their families in the church in conjunction with clergy, readers and pastoral care team.
• Create age-appropriate discipleship and mission opportunities.
• Work with the clergy in strengthening relationships with our local primary schools including regular assemblies and seasonal and occasional events
• Work alongside staff and volunteers to plan and deliver church services, particularly the all-age services
For a fuller job description or to speak informally about the role, please contact our Rector, Rev Chris Williams:
Or send a CV to:
Rev Chris Williams
111 Station Rd
Check out our website: lissparishchurch.org.uk
and our Facebook page: St Mary's Church, Liss