Job Title: Delegate Experience Lead (DEL)
Reporting to: Head of National Events
Direct reports: Delegate Experience Manager; Summer Assistants
Hours Full Time
Primary purpose of the role: The successful candidate will focus on strengthening long term relationships with our delegates. You will champion delegate experience at every stage of event planning and bring together staff and volunteer teams under that umbrella.
Background: The DEL will be part of the busy Events team, involved in many different aspects of event administration for New Wine events with a specific focus on the delegate interactions with New Wine. In addition, you will bring your experience and expertise in support of the whole team; joining weekly planning meetings and interacting on a regular basis.
Areas of Responsibility:
Day-to-day engagement, management and delivery of an outstanding delegate experience. This includes but is not limited to:
- Management and development of our Support Ticket System (Zendesk) to swiftly and effectively answer delegate queries.
- Setting specific, measurable, attainable goals for customer satisfaction and response times to all delegate enquiries.
- Identify and develop “Delegate journeys” alongside the Innovation Lead, Head of Events and Communications Lead.
- Oversee and develop our booking system (Festival Pro), ensuring a simple and smooth workflow from browsing to event confirmation.
- Working with the Innovation Lead to continuously build positive and fresh experiences for conference delegates.
- Gathering customer intelligence and implementing evidence-based insights to reinforce and improve delegate journeys.
- Working with the Marketing Communications Team to formulate and distribute relevant communications before events as well as anticipating FAQs.
- Lead the Delegate Experience Team to deliver excellent customer service with line management responsibility for the Delegate Experience Manager and summer assistants. This includes ensuring the smooth operation of the “Information Desk” at New Wine events.
- Working alongside the Head of Events and Director of Operations to develop and update existing funding policies.
- Innovative approaches to CRM functions collecting and utilising delegate data to maximise delegate experiences.
- Creating and distributing delegate running total reports for all core events (including KPIs) to relevant stakeholders weekly.
- Perform daily customer service tasks, such as administering bookings and handling queries and complaints via phone and email.
New Wine Summer Festival:
- Working in conjunction with The Production Lead and Head of Events to develop and implement a new “Village Allocation” process and manage the rollout of this to delegates.
- Inputting, where appropriate, to the event programme - ensuring delegate feedback is well represented.
The above list of job deliverables is open and partial, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Required skills and qualifications:
• Vision-driven and action-oriented.
• Demonstrates emotional intelligence.
• Responsible self-starter who is highly organised and takes initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• High level of discretion and wisdom.
• Experience in people management.
• An inherent desire to achieve exceptional results.
• Ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail .
• Flexible team player, willing to adapt to changes and unafraid of challenges.
• Strong time-management skills and an ability to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
• Knowledge and experience in using Microsoft 365 and social media.
• Commitment to the mission and values of New Wine.
Preferred skills and qualifications
• Experience in Customer Service.
• Previous experience within the New Wine network and the events industry.
Working Pattern: Full-time flexible working hours, including at least three weekdays. The nature of this role means that some travel and working away from home will be required, as agreed in advance. In-person attendance will be required at weekly Team Days and Monthly All Staff days. In addition, this role holder must be available for the annual leadership conference and the New Wine annual summer festival.
Places of work: This role is eligible for hybrid working. The successful applicant can work from home but will be expected to travel regularly to the New Wine office and other venues for staff team meetings and gatherings and to certain key events throughout the year.
Supervision: The post holder will receive regular supervision from their line manager.
Role review: There is a three-month probationary period for this role. The post holder will then receive a quarterly rolling review of performance, the role, job description, terms and package.
This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the holder be a practising Christian under
Part 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
This job description is intended to summarise the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future. New Wine reserves the right to revise the duties outlined in this job description at its discretion.
How to Apply:
• Closing date for applications – Friday 27 October, 5pm.
• Role starting date: As soon as possible.
• To apply: Please send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
New Wine Trust
New Wine is a Christian charity based in London operating all over England actively working with local churches to change nations.Visit website