About the role
Provide overall leadership and direction for the Youth Ministry, with support from the Children, Youth and Families staff team and in liaison with the volunteer Youth team.
- Work collaboratively and be a full member of the church staff team, including attending staff meetings and prayer times.
- Attend services regularly at Christ Church, Purley when not leading youth activities.
- Support intergenerational ministry that seeks to enable all to worship side-by-side.
We are seeking someone who is both ministry-minded and missional in their approach. This encompasses a person with a heart to encourage, support and teach young people in their own personal faith as well as an inspiring and forward-thinking pioneer ready to see what God is doing, join in with Him and break new ground. Led by the Holy Spirit and seeking His way, the role could include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Lead teaching and discipleship for young people that is rooted in the bible and responding to the Holy Spirit.
- Lead and develop worship for young people in the church and wider afield.
- Mentor and support young people facing struggles and challenges as well as building positive relationships with parents and carers while maintaining and championing a healthy Safeguarding culture around Young People.
- Co-plan, attend and supervise the residential youth weekend or camping week at a festival (e.g. New Wine), in conjunction with the youth team.
- Develop and oversee a dynamic social event programme appropriate for different age ranges to gather youth in order to build community and friendships.
- Create effective transitions into the youth programmes from 10 and then at 18 into young adult ministry.
- Develop opportunities for young people to serve in mission (e.g. homeless, food programmes, overseas trip through Mission Partner links etc.) and other pioneering outreach.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and potential
Term: Part-time – negotiable hours with minimum of 14 per week – we can be flexible
Click for: Job description and Person Statement
Click for: Application Form
How to apply
Complete application above or from our website and return to email@example.com
Closing date for application: 1st December 2023
Interview: To be arranged with shortlisted candidates
For further information or an informal chat, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christ Church Purley
Christ Church seeks to be:
- Worshipping and prayerful. Growing in our experience and understanding of God, eagerly giving ourselves to God through worship and prayer.
- Biblical. Rooted in the Bible, deeply committed to living out the Bible in everyday life and growing more like Jesus.
- Outgoing. A church for all, that together we may be outward focused, compassionate, caring, introducing others to Jesus, overflowing with His love - transforming our local communities for the Kingdom of God.
- Community. Deeply committed to one another, meeting together regularly, enjoying each other’s company, having fun, and demonstrating generous acts of Christian love, service and unity. Welcoming and open to new comers.
- Empowering. Where every member discovers and uses their God-given gifts, and empowered by God’s Holy Spirit is willing to serve, witness and take risks for the Kingdom of God.
- Ecological/environmental. Always seeking to reduce the environmental impact of what we do and raising awareness of the environment.
We are an Anglican church (a part of the Diocese of Southwark), rooted in the Evangelical tradition and believe that we are empowered by the Holy Spirit, looking expectantly for his work in our lives.
Our Mission is to Make Passionate Disciples for Christ.