We’re looking for a Worship Pastor to join our team. We’re a large vibrant Anglican parish church and a New Wine resource hub, experiencing exciting levels of growth.
We are blessed with a large and committed staff team, and over 100 volunteer leaders in various ministries. We’re looking for the right person to play a central role in helping shape our church community by both leading, growing, and developing our volunteer team of musicians, singers, and technicians to lead us in our worshipping life. The right person will be comfortable leading sung worship in different styles and genres: from developing new songs to breathing new life into traditional songs.
Some of the attributes, skills and experience the successful candidate will be/have include:
- ·A committed Christian who is prayerful and open to the renewing work of the Holy Spirit and one who holds to biblically orthodox church beliefs and teaching in matters of faith and conduct.
- A pastoral heart
- A worshipper who delights in drawing others into a deeper experience of the Lord
- A prayerful person who delights in spending time in God’s presence
- Clearly skilled in leading corporate praise and worship in a range of styles and gatherings
- An accomplished musician and singer, with high levels of competence on piano and guitar
- Approachable, adaptable and an encourager, who delights in encouraging and developing the skills and talents of others.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of PA and visual projection systems & associated software
This is a permanent, full-time position and Sunday, festivals and some evening work will be part of the normal working week.
St Johns Harborne Birmingham
St John’s is an Anglican Church, in the charismatic evangelical tradition with a large staff team. The main church site has a busy weekly schedule of activities and events as well as two Sunday services and one mid-week service.Visit website