We have exciting opportunities available for a Support Worker (Care) to join our team based in Taunton on a part or full time, permanent basis, working days. We are very flexible on hours and can support patterns of work between 20 and 40 hours per week. The successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £21,264 FTE (40 hours) per annum (£10.22 hourly rate) plus pension and excellent benefits.
We want the right person to join our team. Is that you? As a Support Worker (Care) you will support men with complex needs and challenging pasts to move forward with their lives. Working within our friendly team, you’ll act as a key worker to designated clients and supporting them to achieve the outcomes laid out in their care/support plan. Your professional and flexible nature will allow you to positively impact on those who you support and the rest of the team around you, allowing you to flourish and develop in this diverse and rewarding role.
Responsibilities of our Support Worker (Care):
- Key work and support clients generally within your project,
- Provide personal care to identified clients
- Take an active role in the assessment and management of risk
- Maintain a clear and calm manner whilst managing client risk
- Manage and facilitate client meetings
- Ensure that all medication within the project is managed in line with Trust policy and procedures.
- Assist in the management of the referral process within the project to achieve agreed occupancy levels
- Apply Emergency First Aid response to clients and any other person in the building/grounds
- Ensure that the client is offered food in line with their dietary plans
What can we offer you?
- Pension up to matched 8 %
- Annual leave up to 30 days
- Access to company holiday flat
- Employee Assistance Programme
House of St Martin is a Registered care home for men with multiple needs, including substance misuse, mental health needs or a learning disability. It is located three miles from Taunton and set in six acres of beautiful countryside. The home is registered to support 31 men, offering full-board catering. We provide a safe calm environment from which men can plan their next steps and grow in independence.
Langley House Trust
Langley House Trust is an innovative, brave and far reaching Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958, we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending. Our reconviction rate for people in our housing is one of the lowest in the Country, standing at 3%. Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none. Our person centred support works and it changes lives!
We love our work and have recently been accredited with IIP (investors in People) Gold standard for the second time in a row (which shows our investment in people management) and Care and Support Provider of the Year 2019 in the 24Housing Awards.