Description of Job
Inglewhite Church, near Preston, is looking for a new pastor to lead and motivate our fellowship. Located in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the Forest of Bowland, nestled between pretty & vibrant market towns and close to the Lancashire coast, Inglewhite Church is an all-age, Christ-centred, loving fellowship. The whole community is important to us and all age, Bible based worship is a foundation in our church.
Many visitors comment on what a modern, friendly and welcoming church we are, with plenty of activities going on (even during lockdown!). If you are looking to be part of a growing church, then this is role you should consider.
What we are looking for;
• A great communicator. Confidently, reverently and lovingly teach God’s word.
• A visionary. Working with the leadership team, lead and shape a fresh vision.
• A motivator. Someone who will encourage existing and new members in their faith. Recognise and disciple gifting’s and talents. Encourage Kingdom values.
• A pastor. Visit, pray for and comfort the sick, isolated and elderly.
• An evangelist. Culturally-relevant with a heart for non-believers and young people.
Closing date: Friday 7th May 2021
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the postholder is a practising Christian. Applicants must have a full UK driving licence, valid DBS clearance and the right to work in the UK. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of their entitlement to work in the UK, or be able to provide sufficient information to demonstrate that they will be able to get the required immigration status before commencing employment.
If you haven’t heard from us by 31 May please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.