We are seeking new and innovative ways in which to further develop our existing children and families ministry, including digital and face-to-face discipleship, outreach and schools work across Tiverton.
The position will include:
Leading and developing the Children and Families’ Ministry at St George & St Paul’s Tiverton:
• Facilitating the day to day running of the Children’s Ministry
• Developing a new post-Covid-19 programme and curriculum for Sunday mornings for our children and families in line with the whole church vision and mission (Sparkles, eXplore, All Age Worship)
• Championing new ways of connecting with and discipling children both face-to-face and digitally
• Creating meaningful spaces for Families to connect with and journey alongside each other
• Developing and leading our mid-week programme, including Toddlers and Fusion
• Re-establishing and being responsible for a team of volunteers to deliver the ministry, which will include recruiting volunteers, ensuring the ongoing training of the team and supervision to ensure that best practice, policies and procedures are followed as well as preparing registers and rotas
• Working alongside the Youth Minister to ensure smooth transition of children into Youth Ministry and investing time in raising up young leaders
• Coordinating with the Safeguarding officer to ensure that all safeguarding policies and procedures are complied with
• Role model inclusive behaviours in day to day working practices and work in accordance with Parish equal opportunity policies
Leading and Developing Outreach opportunities for Children and Families in Westexe:
• Developing new, creative initiatives for the wider community of Westexe, engaging with Families from non-church backgrounds, reflecting changes in culture and best practice that affects children especially after the prolonged period of isolation and lack of provision
• Continuing to build strong relationships with local primary schools
• Working alongside our staff team to facilitate and develop outreach activities including Breakfast-on-the-Go
• Recruiting a team of Volunteers willing to be involved in future outreach programmes of our church
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the jobholder to be a practising Christian.
Job benefits include a workplace pension and statutory sick pay.
St George & St Paul's Tiverton
St. George & St Paul’s Tiverton is part of the New Wine Network and a Church of England in the Diocese of Exeter, committed to the Diocese’s Vision to ‘Growing in prayer, Making new disciples and Serving the people of Devon with Joy’.
Our desire continues to become more like Jesus, to be personally transformed by his love and to be filled with the Holy Spirit. We strive for our congregation members to be corporately transformed through worship, discipleship and service of each other as well as to see our community transformed by the love of Jesus, through acts of service and prayer.
Over the past year we have strived to continue reaching our community through a variety of activities both online and face-to-face including outreach drop-ins and home groups. We have been able to stream weekly services via YouTube both pre-recorded and as live stream and offered regular Zoom catch-up opportunities throughout the week.