A) Vicar's Assistant
A role where liking trampolining or gaming may actually be an advantage! We’re looking for the right man or woman aged 18-25 to live in the vicarage, support our ministries as you experience/train in ministry and serve in church. A great gap year option for someone able to live and work in the UK who wants to get a taste of what Christian leadership in church and charity sectors can be like.
Over the past 10 years in London Nicola and Richard have hosted numerous interns, au pairs and lodgers as their children have grown up. Our kids are two tweenage boys (10, 11) and a teenage girl (13). They all now travel independently to school and so are out much of the day. This has given us space to have two fascinating ministry jobs, with Nicola heading up the Christ Church W4 team as Vicar and Richard leading a mission agency called SOMA UK. We also have a cocker spaniel dog called Finch who likes regular walks. Our lives can be varied and unpredictable, including some travel, so we’re looking for someone special to support our ministry roles and our family.
The role is divided into three parts
1) Vicarage support: 15 hrs per week: This includes light household chores, helping the kids with homework, looking after kids, dog walking.
2) Ministry support: 15 hours per week: Helping Nicola with a range of practical and ministry tasks at Christ Church W4. Could include any from – Shelter project, admin support, church set up, IT support, PA/AV desk, youth work, kids work, etc…
3) Ministry development: 7 hours per week: Chance to grow and invest in your future ministry through small group, guided reading, mentoring, ministry opportunities.
There will also be an option of:
4) Ministry training: 8 hours per week: via the New Wine Discipleship Year (Ealing) / or a theology course at St Mellitus College
B) Au Pair/ Church Ministry Assistant:
A wonderful couple in our church are looking for an au pair to live-in from September-21 onwards to help with their two children part-time and to dedicate time to the local church too! If you are energetic and organised, like 4-7 year old kids and can fit into a family this will be a great role for you in a fantastic part of London. There will be opportunity to explore ministry and get support as you serve a local church and get to know other young Christians. A great gap year option for someone able to live and work in the UK.
Anthony and Padmini are a Malaysian couple who have been living in London for the past 4 years. They have a 7-year old girl and 4-year old boy who go to school locally. Anthony is an in-house solicitor while Padmini is a finance manager.
• Family support: 15-20 hrs per week, particularly on Monday-Wednesday when both parents are working. Additional hours during half term and school holidays. This includes light household chores, helping with school drop-offs and pick-ups, after-school care (supervising homework, preparing evening meals and abit of fun/down time). Occasional babysitting.
• Church support: Remaining hours out of 37 total per week will be used to help the church in many ways according to your gifting, experience and passions. Service areas including Shelter project, admin support, youth work, kids work, church set up, IT support, PA/AV desk, design, worship band etc… You would be included in a young adults small group and pastorate and to get involved in serving and ministering at morning and evening services.
• Days off: 2 days - Friday/Saturday.
Single room, in 3 bed modern house. Room includes bed, desk, chair, drawers, shelving and access to fitted wardrobe in the room. Bathroom is shared.
Christ Church W4
Christ Church W4 is a lively growing church located across three sites in Chiswick west London. We are a New Wine church offering a wide range of service styles from traditional to contemporary to a congregation of over 350 that includes young families, empty nesters, singles and seniors. In non Covid times, we provide children's, youth and seniors activities during the week as well as four services on Sundays - hopefully we will be doing so again soon. The staff team consists of two vicars, two curates and team of 10 ministry and admin personnel, most of whom are under 40 years of age.