Job Title: Admissions Officer
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Working hours: 17.5 hours per week (9:30am-1:00pm, Mon-Fri)
To be the first point of contact for enquiries about studying at Trinity College. Provide information, arrange visits and interviews, as appropriate. To be responsible for the administration of the student admissions process, with particular reference to Church of England ordinands, independent undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
To assist in reviewing and digitising the student archives.
• Property and Facilities Department in relation to students accommodation and studies, etc
• Executive Director's PA for international student visas
• Operations Manager in relation to student database updating and management and student file archiving, as well as planning for the Induction Week at the start of term
• Members of faculty and other support staff in relation to the admissions process
• Students as hosts of prospective students and for organisation of open days
• Communications and Publicity Officer in relation to student recruitment
• administer enquiries and applications from prospective Church-sponsored ordinands and self-funded students on undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes
• organise interview days
• prepare offer letters and monitor responses
• maintain database records on admissions process
• organise and manage college Open Days
• liaise with colleagues regarding students' accommodation needs
• organise compilation of welcome pack to new students
• help roll out Induction Week programme
• organise visits for diocesan directors of ordinands
• contribute to marketing and other efforts to encourage recruitment of students
• review and digitise student file archive
1. Personable, welcoming and encouraging
2. Well organised and able to work methodically and systematically, and be very responsive
3. Proficient in the use of IT (evidence of familiarity with databases would be helpful)
4. Excellent communication skills in written English
5. Committed to the college's Christian vision and ethos
6. Experience of admissions would be an advantage
Trinity College Bristol
Our vision is for Kingdom living, Kingdom learning and Kingdom leading.
Our task is shaping leaders of Christ-like character in community for a missional church.
Our commitment is to Kingdom values: humility, wholeness, service, holiness, justice, worship, diversity and courage.