We will review and assess applications as received so please don’t wait until the last minute to apply!
Purpose of post:
To manage and coordinate all aspects of looking after St John’s Church buildings complex, along with the Crossway and The Old Sewing Factory. To include oversight and delivery of appropriate care, maintenance, preparation and security of church buildings, external areas, fixtures and fittings.
Oversee arrangement and work of contractors attending and maintaining all buildings
To ensure a welcoming and suitable environment is created for volunteers, employees and all who attend or visit the church or other properties.
Qualities you will display:
• Can do, flexible and positive attitude to work
• Good people skills and confidence to communicate with a wide variety of people
• Self starter, ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks
• Basic DIY/maintenance skills
• Good knowledge of Office 365
• Ability to supervise other staff/volunteers
• Task oriented with completer finisher skills
• A proactive approach to tasks
• Good general health as role involves lifting, moving tables and chairs etc.
• Appropriate First Aid qualification or willingness to undertake training
• Hold a full driving licence and have access to a car
Background and knowledge:
• A committed Christian who is prayerful and open to the renewing work of the Holy Spirit and one who holds to biblically orthodox church beliefs and teaching in matters of faith and conduct
St John's Church
St John’s is an Anglican Church, in the charismatic evangelical tradition with a large staff team.
The main church site has a busy weekly schedule of activities and events as well as two Sunday services and one mid-week service. In addition to the main building other properties include The Crossway which is a centre providing services to the community and office space and 5a Greenfield Road (known as The Old Sewing Factory) which is the main office and administration centre.
Vision and Values Summary Statements
Purpose – To love God and neighbour by producing mature Christians
Priorities – Giving Glory (Worship), Getting Involved (Ministry), Gathering Together (Fellowship), Growing Up (Discipleship), Going Out (Evangelism)
Vision – To be a faithful community committed to God in passionate worship; to one another in devoted service; and to the world in sacrificial love
Values – God-honouring, Christ-centeredness, Spirit led, Scripture, Prayer, People, Integrity, Reaching our Potential, Authenticity, Culturally Relevant, Leadership, Generosity
Mission – To reach non-Christians with the good news of Jesus. To provide a church home for Christians in the Harborne area. To unite the spiritual and rational aspects of the gospel. To establish missional communities to reach people with the gospel. To pursue and demonstrate unity within and beyond St John’s