This role is central to the smooth running of the college. The Accommodation and Facilities Officer helps to ensure that the college's accommodation and facilities work well for staff and students. The post-holder will need to be observant of both the needs of staff and students and of the demands being made on the college's accommodation and facilities. The role seeks to care for both the users and also the resource being used. It requires the ability to be both proactive in seeing what needs to be done and responsive to situations as they develop. An important part of the role is the effective communication of matters relating to accommodation and facilities to all those who need to know.
Accommodation comprises of on-site and off-site residential student accommodation, as well as teaching, office and common area accommodation, though there will be some involvement also with residential accommodation made available to some staff. Facilities comprise of the equipment, systems and procedures that resource the accommodation and support the college's activities, including, for example, photocopiers and utilities.
The heaviest workload falls generally within the period from May to September, as students prepare to leave their accommodation and as properties are made ready for the new students to move in in the late summer.
• Operations Manager for co-ordination of activities
• Head of Property for referral of maintenance works required to external properties and on-site structural works
• Site manager and contractors in relation to items and programmes of maintenance
• Admissions Officer regarding incoming student accommodation
• Students in relation to their accommodation needs and the use of facilities
• Staff in relation to office and teaching space requirements
• Conference Manager in relation to college and other events
• Premieredge IT Support, as necessary
• Owners/landlords in relation to the maintenance of their properties leased to students
• Finance team in relation to supplier invoices
• Receptionists in relation to day-to-day issues
• Domestic team in relation to cleaning arrangements
• External letting agencies, as required
• ensure student accommodation requirements are met
• allocate on-site and off-site student accommodation
• manage tenancy agreements and supporting documentation and processes
• co-ordinate the summer housing programme of students leaving and arriving
• allocate student study spaces
• liaise with maintenance team, contractors, tenants, students, as appropriate
• manage keys for all college properties and accommodation
• ensure that college staff and students are well served by college facilities
• co-ordinate the provision of equipment in staff offices, teaching rooms, and more generally around the college
• liaise with providers of photocopiers about maintenance
• co-ordinate household cleaning arrangements, including annual programmes of window cleaning, carpet cleaning, etc
• provide administrative support to the Head of Property
• receive emails, phone calls, letters regarding property and facilities matters and liaise with appropriate personnel within the team
• liaise, as needed, with the finance team regarding the processing of supplier invoices
• provide cover on reception from time to time
• work in conjunction with other staff to ensure college is prepared for occasional whole-community events
• liaise with Operations Manager, as needed
• be flexible and help across teams
1. Commitment to the ethos and mission of the college
2. Ability to interact well with a wide range of people; a relationship-builder
3. Pro-active and observant
4. Ability to remain calm in more demanding situations
5. A practical person with a good dose of common sense
6. An accommodating manner
7. Strong communication skills
8. Well organised
9. Good IT knowledge and skills
1. Experience of property management
Trinity College Bristol
Our vision is for Kingdom living, Kingdom learning and Kingdom leading.
Our task is shaping leaders of Christ-like character in community for a missional church.
Our commitment is to Kingdom values: humility, wholeness, service, holiness, justice, worship, diversity and courage.