We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to join the team at St Mark’s to lead our City Rise Kids. It's a wonderful opportunity for someone who can help develop the growing ministry and bring lots of fun to the role too. The role involves the following areas but please do not hesitate in contacting us directly to find out more.
- To lead and have pastoral oversight of children within the congregation, as well as the volunteer Kids leadership team.
- To make connections and create opportunities to share the Gospel of Jesus with children and families in our local community.
- To grow our Kids Ministry to see faith rise in our church, community and city.
- To oversee all child protection, safeguarding procedures and DBS check.
- Drive recruitment and coaching of the voluntary team.
- To take a lead, support and further develop the existing children’s ministry through dynamic and elective programmes of Kids work and related activities.
- To build upon the existing good relationships between those involved in working with children and young people in the church and community.
- To support and encourage children to grow in their faith, knowledge of the bible, understanding of being a disciple of Jesus, awareness and capacity to live a Spirit-led life, and to become active members of their local church family.
- To ensure that effective administration and record keeping is maintained for all aspects of the work.
- To ensure all the activities are fully safeguarded and assessed for risk.
- Organise and plan the termly Kids Church programme, including planning and developing the curriculum and craft activities.
- To work in partnership with the events coordinator in planning and running events as appropriate.
- Develop and apply a SEN Strategy.
St Mark's - Battersea Rise
St Mark’s (SMBR) is a vibrant church in Southwest London, passionate about seeing lives transformed in the name of Jesus and a vision to see Faith Rise, the Church Rise, and the City Rise.
Each member of staff plays a key role in contributing to our vision, living out our values to be real, innovative, servant hearted and expectant. Our mission is bigger than any individual task but together our work contributes to the bigger picture. As a Christian organisation our faith is an
integral part of our working culture, and we want to see our team flourish and grow together as we serve St Mark’s.