Minister in Charge for Springfield Church, Wallington
Diocese of Southwark
Sun, 16/04/2023 - 22:59
Description of Job
We are a church that meets on the Roundshaw estate in Wallington, South London and are part of the charismatic evangelical tradition. We are ordinary people who have encountered an extraordinary God, and who want to become more like Jesus as we live out our lives. We want everyone to feel welcomed, accepted and loved for exactly who they are, whatever their faith journey looks like. We aspire to be bold in witness, expectant in worship, extravagant in giving, faithful in service, and passionate in prayer.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, Spirit-filled Minister who:
• is experienced in allowing God to move in power through His Holy Spirit
• will enable us to truly be beacons of hope in our community in everyday life
• is committed to, and has experience in, pioneering mission and estates ministry
• will empower and develop others in their giftings, by providing appropriate support and direction
• is comfortable working with local clergy, people of all ages and those from a variety of backgrounds
• has great people and pastoral skills, and is an inspiring and effective communicator making the Bible relevant and accessible to all.
You will be leading a staff team plus volunteers from the congregation as we serve our community and spread the good news of Jesus. We do not have our own building and we meet in St Paul’s Church which is part of the parish of South Beddington & Roundshaw.
For an informal conversation with the Archdeacon, please contact Kathleen.email@example.com for an appointment.
Closing Date: 23:59 hrs Sunday 16 April 2023
Parish Visit: Tuesday 23 May 2023
Interviews: Wednesday 24 May 2023
We have a policy in Southwark Diocese that to be appointed to an incumbent status post, a priest must have served a title post in an Anglican church in the British Isles. We aim to be a diverse and truly representative Diocese, and particularly welcome applications from women and people of UKME heritage.
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
How to apply for the job
For further information and to apply, please visit https://www.cofepathways.org/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=5366