With the ongoing expansion of KXC and the TABLE family of churches we are looking to expand our senior leadership team with a new role of Associate Vicar. This is a key role in the future life of KXC with oversight of our 4 Sunday congregation pastors, training curates and ordinands, and representing KXC in at both Deanery and Diocesan level.
- Supporting Pete and Bee Hughes: The role of the Associate Vicar is to support Pete and Bee Hughes in holding the spiritual oversight of KXC. This includes setting direction and contributing to conversations and management of core KXC issues and helping implement the vision of the church.
- Associate Team: The Associate Vicar will work with the Operations Director and the Associate Pastor in helping to facilitate this group – including reviewing agendas, completing actions, and ensuring the continued focus of this key strategic group.
- Spiritual Oversight and Sundays: To assist Pete and Bee Hughes in providing spiritual oversight of KXC; regularly preaching, leading Sunday services in particular overseeing the congregation pastors, administering the occasional offices, and presiding in the administration of the sacraments.
- Curate Ordinand: Supervision To act as Training Incumbent for curates who are based at KXC, as well as coordinating supervision for ordinands who are placed at KXC as part of their training. They will also oversee and develop the wider leadership pipeline of those who feel called to pastoral ministry, and those discerning a call to ordination.
- Specific Ministry Oversight: Depending on the skillset and experience of the Associate Vicar, they may bring oversight for a particular area of ministry within the organisation. This will require vision casting, team development, facilitating communication within the team and high-quality line management.
- Trustees: To attend and contribute at trustee meetings, and support the overall governance of KXC through both reporting and relationship alongside Pete and Bee Hughes, Associate Pastor, and Operations Director.
For more information please visit www.kxc.org.uk/vacancies.
King's Cross Church (KXC) is an Anglican church led by Pete and Bee Hughes that was launched in 2010 to engage with the missional opportunities created by the King’s Cross redevelopment. The vision of KXC is to ‘serve God’s purposes to make all things new’ through bringing the good news of the gospel to all those who live, work and pass through King’s Cross.Visit website