We are looking to grow the capacity of the leadership team to support the current life of KXC, as well as increase our capacity to support church plants both now and in the years ahead. This is a key role within the organisation, overseeing the day-to-day operations of our church. The right candidate will be passionate about implementing streamlined processes and enabling an environment where all can play their part in the unfolding story of KXC.
- Supporting Pete and Bee Hughes and the Associate Vicar: The role of the Operations Director is to support the spiritual leadership of Pete and Bee Hughes, Associate Vicar and the Associate Pastor, providing strategic and practical support and focus, and leading the Staff Team to achieve the primary organisational goals.
- Taking a lead role for Operations across King’s Cross Church: The Operations Director will line manage those who are leading operational ministry ‘streams’ within KXC, namely: Operations/HR, Communications, Safeguarding and Finance. This includes managing the Financial health of the organisation, ensuring compliance and inputting into managing income and expenditure.
- Chairing and facilitating the Associate Team meetings. The Operations Director will take the lead in chairing and facilitating the Associate Team – including writing agendas, monitoring actions, and ensuring the continued focus of this key strategic group.
- Chairing and facilitating the Stream Leads meetings. The KXC team is arranged into a number of different Streams: Presence, Formation, Family Life, Mission and Operations (incl Comms and Finance Managers). The Operations Director will support the Associate Pastor as they lead the Stream Leads meeting.
- Staff Team Leadership To oversee HR across the organisation, in particular overseeing the Organisation Structure, Line Management and Staff Training.
- Working as Company Secretary and the key point of contact with the KXC Trustee Board. To work as a primary point of contact for Trustees. The Operations Director will act as Company Secretary and take the lead in facilitating this group – including writing agendas, monitoring actions, and ensuring the continued focus of this key strategic group.
- Participating in the life of the Staff Team Playing an active role within the wider staff team, including participating in staff meetings, days away and staff retreats. Staff are also asked to provide occasional support in managing other KXC events where required.
For further information about this role, please visit www.kxc.org.uk/vacancies
King's Cross Church (KXC) is an Anglican church led by Pete and Bee Hughes that was launched in 2010 to engage with the missional opportunities created by the King’s Cross redevelopment. The vision of KXC is to ‘serve God’s purposes to make all things new’ through bringing the good news of the gospel to all those who live, work and pass through King’s Cross.Visit website