Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- All paper bookings carry an administrative charge of £10 per person. Please add this to the appropriate rates above to calculate total fees.
- To benefit from the Early Bird rates full fees must be received by their respective deadlines.
- For those who have secured their place with a deposit, full fees must be received by 31 May 2017 at the latest. After this time, any bookings with outstanding fees may be cancelled if the event is full or a charge may be made for late payments.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by 31 May 2017, otherwise full fees will be forfeited. An administrative fee of £15 per fee-paying delegate will be charged.
- Delegate places can only be substituted like for like when received by New Wine in writing, from the booking contact. All substitutions incur a £5 per person administration fee; this also applies to transfers between National Gathering weeks. Once tickets have been received for the event, please send us the ticket/s to be substituted or bring them to Customer Services onsite along with the a substitution form which can be downloaded here.
- New Wine is unable to refund fees in the event of cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances. We recommend you take out holiday insurance.
- In the event of changes to the programme or speakers, we are unable to offer refunds.
- Please select the group you’d like to camp with when booking. Changes to your selection or accommodation can be made until 30 April 2017. After this date we can not guarantee that you will be able to camp with your church group , and any changes will be charged at £5 per booking.
- If you would like to be linked to another camping group please email email@example.com but note that we cannot guarantee to meet all requests for different church groups particularly if they are large groups, to be camped together.
- Please note that villages are usually made up of several different church groups.
- Electrical hook-ups can only be provided where lifesaving or emergency medical equipment is needed. A note from your GP may be required to prove need where information given is not sufficient. Where a hook-up cannot be offered, delegates may be able to use the facilities in the medical centre or Our Place. New Wine are unable to provide electric hook-ups for mobility scooters. We advise that delegates bring a spare battery and we will provide a central charging point for these. A very limited supply of spare batteries may be available for use but cannot be guaranteed.
- Children under the age of 18 must be booked on to the event with and be accompanied by an adult aged 21 or over.
- Church groups of children or teenagers without their parents are advised that there should be one adult (21 years or over) for every five children attending if all are the same gender. For groups of mixed gender there should be at least two adults with a maximum of eight children to two adults.
- Children are allocated to the appropriate children’s groups according to their age on 31 August 2017. Unfortunately, we cannot accept transfer requests for children’s groups.
- When not in New Wine children’s venues, children are the responsibility of their parents. Always know where your children are, who they are with and when they are expected back. Please see the website for our safeguarding policy.
- No pets are allowed on site except aid dogs (please bring documentation).
- There will be official photographers on site at our National Gatherings. Delegates may feature in these images, which will be used for our website, magazine and on social media channels. If you do not wish your child to be photographed, you must submit a letter stating this to the Team Leader of their children’s group during registration.
- You are required to inform New Wine if you are subject to a safeguarding agreement with your home church. You should also discuss this with your church leader before making a booking.
- While on site, you are obliged to co-operate fully with site security, stewards and New Wine staff, and to adhere to rules and safety regulations set out in the Advance Information, Arrival leaflets and the on-site programme.
- Due to data protection law, New Wine cannot disclose delegate details or lists to other delegates.
- If requested by the church/camping group leader, we will provide a list of delegate names who have selected to camp with that church/group. If you would prefer not to have your name disclosed in this way, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibiting at United
Applications for Space
- The application is for both Week 1 and Week 2 of United. If an exhibitor wishes to book either Week 1 or Week 2, please contact us at email@example.com
- Applications must be made using the online Marketplace Application Form by Sunday 30 April 2017. A deposit is required once the application form has been submitted. The deposit must be paid within 28 days after submitting the application form. If an application is denied, the deposit will be returned. If an application is successful, the Key Contact for the organisation will be informed via email in order to pay the remaining amount. The final payment must be completed on behalf of all stand representatives no later than 2 June 2017.
- Applications will be acknowledged within 14 days and a decision made by 15 May. If successful, the deposit will be debited.
- New Wine reserve the right to accept or refuse an application without reason. If space is denied, the deposit will be returned.
- A 20-word description will be put in the United Programme if New Wine receives approved wording on the Application Form.
- Submission of an application and accompanying deposit indicates the agreement of all staff and volunteers representing the organisation to the following terms and conditions. New Wine reserve the right to cancel the booking of an organisation in breach of these terms and conditions at any time prior to or during the event, and is not responsible for any losses incurred.
Allocation of Space
- Specific stand locations may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. The New Wine Marketplace team reserve the right to relocate or remove stands, close or move entrances and exits, adjust stands and make other layout changes as necessary and at their absolute discretion, both prior to and during the event. Exhibitors will be notified of their stand location upon arrival at the event.
Set Up and Set Down
- Stands must be set up the day before the event starts - 21 July 2017 & 29 July 2017 (exhibitors may arrive on site from midday). Stands must be completely set up and exhibitors ready to attend the Marketplace meeting at 5pm on the first day of the event - 22 July 2017 & 30 July 2017.
- The Marketplace is held in a venue which has low lighting and minimal natural light. Feature lighting is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Exhibitors may not sell, sublet, advertise or share spare with any other organisation without prior written consent from New Wine.
- Set down begins at 10.30pm on the final day of the conference. Exhibitors may not begin dismantling before this time. Early dismantling of stands will be taken into consideration for any future New Wine events you apply to exhibit at. The Marketplace must be clear by 12pm on Sunday 6 August. Exhibitors and all staff working on behalf of the exhibitor must comply with the timings and instructions given. Between the two events at Shepton Mallet (Saturday 29 July) the Marketplace will be closed.
- We cannot accommodate early delivery of stand items and no items should be left behind for collection once you have left the event. New Wine will not be responsible for anything left behind that has been disposed of.
- The exhibitor is fully responsible for the safely of assembling the stall and the maintenance during the event. New Wine require the exhibitor to carry out a full risk assessment document, which the exhibitor will source and have it completed and available onsite. This should ensure the safety of the team, the delegates and not infringe on the safety of the venue. New Wine has the right to risk access any of the stalls during the event and implement changes due to safety issues.
Safety and Structure
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that their stand space is safe at all times and to comply with any requests from the Marketplace Host or organisers which are given to ensure safety of the venue. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that all trailing cables are taped to the ground and that no item is allowed to cause an obstruction in a gangway, block a fire exit or cause any other hazard.
- Working and moving exhibits must not be left unattended during opening hours.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to make sure the stand exact height of the stand is included in their application form.
- All storage space, stand furnishings and exhibits must be confined to the space booked. Please seek permission in advance from the New Wine Marketplace team for any unusual/large/exceptional displays.
- Stands that have valuable items for sale are the stand holder’s responsibility and New Wine will not be held liable for any theft, lost or missing items during open or closing hours. The exhibitor is responsible to have adequate insurance or a system in place for removing valuable items when the stand is unmanned.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that their stand and anything related to it including all merchandise, meets with current Health and Safety legislation.
Insurance & Security
- Exhibitors are required to have their own public liability insurance. A copy will need to be produced on site. New Wine cannot be held responsible for any damage, theft or loss of equipment or stock owned or loaned to exhibitors.
- It is also the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure all staff have personal effects cover. The Marketplace is locked outside of opening hours, however, New Wine suggest that expensive items (e.g. laptops) are removed from the Marketplace while stands are unmanned.
Power, Tables and Chairs
- Each organisation is supplied with one 13-amp power supply. All electrical equipment must have a current PAT certificate and comply with safety requirements. If the total loading of the electrical equipment exceeds 13 amps, an extra point must be purchased. Kettles, irons or electrical items generating heat are not to be permitted.
- New Wine will provide floor space as requested; no shell scheme or wall space is provided.
- Exhibitors should not stick anything onto any of the walls.
- Exhibitors are responsible for providing and removing, all necessary furnishings.
- Tables and chairs can be pre-booked using the Marketplace Application Form, and will be available for collection on site. New Wine are not able to accommodate requests made on site.
- When at the event exhibitors are not permitted to take chairs and tables from other places if they have not been paid for.
- The charges for additional power, tables and chairs are as follows:
|Additional 13-amp double socket||£75 each|
|Tables (6ft trestle tables)||£15 each|
Marketplace Opening Hours
- The Marketplace is open every full day of the event from:
10.30am – 6pm
8.30pm – 10.30pm
- Stands must be manned throughout this period. The Marketplace does not close at lunchtime, as it is logistically difficult. However, New Wine will adopt a common sense approach to the manning of the stands over the lunchtime.
- The Marketplace will open until 1pm on the ‘day off’ when FunFest will take place on 25 July 2017 and 2 August 2017. After 1pm exhibitors have the option to stay open until 6pm or to close until the normal opening hours resume in the evening at 8.30pm.
- St Andrews Bookshop has the sole franchise for selling books, CDs and resources at all New Wine events. Any products that are being sold by St Andrews Bookshop cannot be sold on your stand.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to get in touch with New Wine before completing the application form if they are considering selling books/CDs at their stand.
Booking Stand Representatives (transferable passes)
- Upon a successful application, the Key Contact for the organisation will be forwarded a link to the Exhibitor Stand Booking page online, to be filled out on behalf of all stand representatives. This is due no later than 2 June 2017. New Wine will take stand information from the most recently submitted form as of 1 June 2017.
- All stand representatives on site must be in possession of a valid New Wine pass at all times. Transferable passes (included in the cost of your booking) are valid for one person at any one time.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to know the people that will be attending the stand during the period they have booked to exhibit at United. The exhibitor is also responsible for the health and safety for each stand representative.
- Two free transferable tickets are given for stands 6m squared or smaller. Four free transferable tickets are given for stands larger than 6m squared.
- Accommodation (camping/size of tent/staying offsite etc) requirements must be made by 2 June 2017. New Wine cannot guarantee camping space anywhere after this date.
- Each exhibitor agrees not to have more people than passes on site at any one time.
- If the exhibitor would like to have additional passes a full delegate pass for each week can be purchased from the New Wine website.
- All stand representatives must be over 13 years of age; under 18s must have a guardian on site and must be accompanied by an adult (over 18 years) while working on the stand. Those aged 13-16 years may only work for one week.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that any non-European citizen holds the correct Visa to undertake this role. New Wine does not take on any employment responsibilities for Marketplace exhibitors.
- The Key Contact for each exhibitor will take full responsibility for each representative while on site and must ensure references (ideally by a church leader) are held for each representative, whether paid or voluntary. The reference must be available onsite if requested by New Wine. Exhibitors must take all reasonable steps to confirm that stand representatives are of suitable character and behaviour to attend this family event and are not disqualified by any illegal activity. All exhibitors must be referenced checked before arriving on site. New Wine reserve the right to refuse admission to stand representatives and to carry out spot checks to ensure that these conditions have been met.
- If you need to replace your transferable pass this will cost £50.
- Please contact the New Wine office if you have any questions regarding your reference.
- New Wine reserve the right to make further enquiries of any stand representative to deem suitability to work in the Marketplace.
- When at the event chairs and tables may not be taken from other places if they have not been paid for.
Conduct of Stand Representatives
- Leafleting outside of your stand area is strictly prohibited. New Wine reserve the right to use photography, audio or visual recordings of your stand and representatives for communication and marketing purposes.
- Aggressive or overzealous leafletting and canvassing to delegates will not be tolerated. The marketplace host or New Wine Team are within their rights to confiscate leaflets etc. if deemed to be inappropriately distributed.
- New Wine reserve the right to refuse or revoke exhibitor’s rights to be on site, at any time. The exhibitor’s stand will need to be packed away and closed. New Wine will refund the fee, or part of, as appropriate.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that their stand representatives behave in an appropriate manner and undertake their duties in a safe manner with due consideration to their surroundings and other people. New Wine requests that each stand representative wears a name badge with the stand representative name, organisation name and the organisation logo visible.
- The stands must be manned during opening hours. If a stand is not being manned New Wine reserve the right to dismantle and remove the stand. No refund will be made.
- No photography or filming of the delegates is allowed without prior permission from New Wine and without gaining permission from the delegates being photographed if at close distance.
- While the use of sound and video equipment is encouraged to attract delegates to your stand, exhibitors may not make this distracting for other stands. Exhibitors must adhere to the volume levels regulated by the Marketplace Host.
- All exhibitors are solely responsible for purchasing any relevant licenses for music or copyrighted materials played or used as part of their exhibit.
- To complete your application, a deposit amount (see box below) must be paid into the New Wine account via BACs or cheque.
- The amount will be returned to the exhibitor if they are unsuccessful in their application for a stand.
- Cheques should be made payable to ‘New Wine Resources’ with the key contact’s name on the back of the cheque.
- Cheques should be posted to Marketplace Applications, New Wine Trust, 4A Ridley Avenue, London, W13 9XW.
- For BACS payments New Wine Resources bank details are: Account Name: New Wine Resources Ltd; Account No. 43916138; Sort Code 20-65-82.
- If the exhibitor is a registered charity and does not need to pay VAT on advertising in media such as the New Wine magazine, they will need to complete the form on page 11 and send the completed form via post or email.
- If the exhibitor can only attend for one week, there may be some availability which is at 40% off the total cost. There are also bigger stand prices available. Please contact New Wine before filling in the application form.
|Stand rental under £500||£501-£1000||£1000-£1500||£1501+|
|£150 +VAT deposit||£250 +VAT deposit||£375 +VAT deposit||£500 +VAT deposit|
For those trading directly, a 17.5% turnover rent will be applied. Invoices will be issued post event for the balance if 17.5% of sales are greater than the cost of the space. To aid verification and administration, retailers are expected to disclose daily takings. Retailers are also required to record income in as much detail as possible and, ideally, to provide till receipts or similar records. Confirmed figures must be submitted by 28 August 2017, with full payment due by 2 October 2017.
There are a limited number of New Wine-subsidised spaces available for registered charities with an income of less than £250,000 (verified via the Charity Commission website). These 2x2m ground floor spaces are available upon request for £500. Please contact New Wine for more information.
Payments must be made in the following instalments:
- Deposit to accompany application form before 30 April 2017 (please note that bookings cannot be made without a deposit).
- Once the application form has been confirmed, the full balance must be paid by 2 June 2017. If full payment is not received by this time, New Wine reserve the right to re-sell the stand space.
- New Wine reserve the right to apply a 10% surcharge to any payment made after 2 June 2017.
- All cancellations must be received in writing.
- New Wine reserve the right not to return any deposit paid, for cancellations received between 31 April 2017 and 1 June 2017.
- Cancellations received after 2 June will forfeit 100% of the cost of the stand space.
- New Wine reserve the right to cancel an organisation’s booking at any time, prior to and during the event, and is not responsible for any losses incurred.
No alterations to any of these terms and conditions shall be made by the exhibitor, except with the written prior approval of New Wine.
Exhibiting at Smaller Events
- Stands must be manned during all breaks and before and after the sessions begin and finish.
- Tickets are not included for the event. If the stand representatives want to attend the event, they must buy the ticket from the New Wine website before the event. A discount on the ticket may be included, please get in touch with New Wine regarding this.
- Stand price does not include any food.
- Stand representatives must wear individual badges containing the organisation’s name, individual’s name, position and company logo. If the exhibitor requires any additional chairs, tables or sockets these need to be requested via the application form and cannot be accommodated at the last minute. There may be a charge for hiring table and chairs; this will be stated in the application form.
- When at the event exhibitors are not permitted to take chairs and tables from other places if they have not been paid for
Sponsorship at United
Suitability and Responsibility
- Sponsorship is subject to availability and a decision is made based on suitability and fit.
- All New Wine Sponsorship must be aligned to New Wine’s vision and values (https://www.new-wine.org/resource/1507).
- Any Sponsorship advertising that does not align to New Wine’s Vision and Values will be removed. The booking fee may not be returned.
- Any damage caused by Sponsorship being physically attached to the event property will need to be covered by the Sponsor.
Banners at United
New Wine recommends Sponsors share with New Wine any plans for displaying large hung banners before spending money on them as they may not be able to be accommodated. The allocated size for banners is 2x2m and 2x4m in the Marketplace.
|2m x 2m||£100 +VAT|
|2m x 4m||£200 +VAT|
- Banner requests for United must be for the full two weeks of the event.
- Sponsors must hang their banners securely e.g. with cable ties at a minimum of four places.
- The banner needs to be hung by the Sponsor’s team members, who will be allocated a space by someone from the New Wine team.
- All banners need to be removed by the Sponsor at the end of the event.
- New Wine is not responsible for the Sponsor’s banners; they are left at their own risk. Someone from the Sponsor’s team should be assigned to check the banners on a regular basis.
- There is limited space available, not all requests may be able to be accommodated.
Cafés at United
- New Wine provides all café products via their supplier: cake, tea, coffee, snacks etc.
- Cafés need a manager from the Sponsor’s organisation as well as a team of volunteers.
- The café manager for each week is required to have a food hygiene certificate.
New Wine’s Programme for United will have a limited number of full-page adverts. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
- All artwork needs to be provided by New Wine deadlines (31 May 2017) and specifications. If the deadline is missed and New Wine needs to go ahead with the print no refund will be issued.
- Advertisements need to be aligned to the New Wine Vision and Values: (https://www.new-wine.org/resource/1507).
- Any adverts deemed unsuitable by the design or editorial team will not be permitted.
New Wine Magazine Advertising
- Advertisement dimensions on the rate card give height first then width.
- All images and fonts must be supplied as a hi-res PDF.
- The advert file should be named with the organisation name followed by the size of advert and Issue No of magazine the advert is for.
- Publisher and Word files are unacceptable.
- In all cases, a proof of the ad must be supplied for approval by the booking deadline.
- 3mm bleed is needed on all adverts.
Inserts for New Wine Magazine
Please mark all boxes containing inserts: ‘For insertion into New Wine Magazine’ (plus issue no.), number of boxes (e.g. 2 of 10) and quantity per box. Please check the delivery address with New Wine before mailing as this is subject to change.
Terms of Payment for Advertising
All invoices must be paid within 30 days from the date of invoice. All special rates/discounts will be forfeited if invoices are not settled within this time. New Wine reserve the right to charge interest on unpaid invoices.
VAT will be charged unless New Wine is in receipt of a duly authorised exemption request. Please find a VAT exemption certificate on Page 11 of this document.
Conditions of Acceptance
- All adverts are accepted subject to approval of copy and to space being available. They must comply with the British Code of Advertising Practise and not contravene any of the provisions of the Trade Descriptions Act 1968.
- New Wine reserve the right to omit or suspend an advert at any time without assigning a reason for so doing. No claim on the part of any advertiser or advertising agency shall arise in this case.
- If copy or artwork does not arrive at the stated destination by the copy date, New Wine reserve the right to repeat the last advert of the nearest size, or no ad will be included and the advertiser will be liable for the charges.
- While every care will be taken, New Wine will not be held responsible for damage to, or loss of artwork.
- No guarantee can be given for a specified position unless an additional premium is paid, but advertisers’ wishes will be considered.
- Cancellations or suspension of orders received after the booking deadline will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of the space. Cancellations or suspension of orders received after the copy deadline will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the cost of the space. All cancellations must be received in writing.
- New Wine accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by an error in accuracy in the printing of any advertising and reserve the right to amend or omit without prior notice.
- Rates will usually be reviewed annually but are subject to change at one month’s notice.
- All series discounts apply to the magazine only and may exclude special editions.
- Two discounts can be used if the advertiser is new.
- Agency discount is 10%. No other discounts can be applied.
- All files should be sent across as high res pdfs. New Wine accepts no responsibility for corrupted or unusable pdf files sent across.