Our larger venues need friendly, helpful and energetic volunteers to host and welcome people during the main celebrations and the various seminars throughout the day. Running a large venue has lots of hidden jobs, so volunteers will also be required to do various housekeeping tasks during the event to keep the place spick and span!
Key responsibilities include:
- Welcoming people into the venue at the start of sessions;
- Ensuring all aisles and gangways are kept suitably clear;
- Ensuring that people enter and exit the venue safely;
- Helping delegates with specific accessibility needs;
- Ensuring that all those entering are carrying a valid event pass;
- Tidying and cleaning the venue;
- Being willing to carry out other tasks as required by the team leader.
As with most teams, you’ll get a free ticket to the event (except for the £25 fee that covers admin and all meals); you will need to provide your own accommodation (either on or off site).
Expectation for team members
Those who volunteer for New Wine teams at United do so based on their Christian profession and way of life. As a team volunteer, your conduct on site is expected to be consistent with New Wine’s ethos and understanding of the teaching of the New Testament.
Part of New Wine’s ethos is our adherence to the Evangelical Alliance (EA) basis of faith and in submitting your team application you are acknowledging your acceptance to do the same.